Within the main bar, McHughs offers a homely feel with open fires and comfortable seating – the perfect place to relax with the best beers in Belfast. The basement bar plays host to live bands during the week from traditional music to the local rock music scene and sounds to suit alternative tastes at the weekend. The 100-seater restaurant provides home-cooked, traditional Irish food with a modern twist.
With entertainment, culture, history, and fabulous food, McHughs is a traditional bar with a difference.
Today McHughs offer the best in local entertainment, food, drink and craic across three floors. With a 100-seater restaurant, they offer traditional Irish cooking with a modern twist and dishes to suit all palates.
Whenever possible, they endeavour to source products from local suppliers to highlight the best in seasonal local produce. The Lord Lucan Room offers intimate private dining for up to 30 people, set well away from the busy crowds below. The below sea-level basement bar presents the best of local bands throughout the week and their indie-alternative club night Radio K offers left-of-centre beats each Saturday.
McHughs Bar dates back to 1711, making it the oldest surviving building in Belfast. Standing in the historical heart of the city, McHughs has watched as Belfast flourished from a small settlement into a thriving industrial centre in the 18th and 19th centuries. With the 20th century came industrial decline and civil unrest, but still McHughs survived and today, in an era of regeneration and renaissance for Belfast, the building remains.
Enjoy traditional music sessions on Saturday between 3pm and 5pm and Sunday, 2-4pm. Live entertainment is also available between Thursday and Sunday.
Celebrate 300 years of McHughs in the oldest building in Belfast established since 1711.
- Private Room – minimum 15 people, maximum 45 people. £45 per head. Includes: three-course dinner, traditional music session, tea and coffee, one drink per person.
- Private Restaurant Only – minimum 50 people, maximum 100 people, £50 per head. Include traditional music session, three-course dinner, tea and coffee, two drinks per person.
- Whole Building Booking – minimum 100 people, maximum 150 people, £50 per head, Sunday to Wednesday. Includes traditional music session, three-drinks per person, canapés on arrival and two-course hot fork buffet or three-course dinner.
- Basement Only Booking – minimum 40 people, maximum 70 people, £40 per head. Includes canapés on arrival, two-course hot fork buffet, tea and coffee, two-drinks per person, traditional music session.
- Basement Only Booking – minimum 50 people, maximum 100 people, £25 per head. Includes set finger food buffet, two drinks per person, traditional entertainment.
- Lucan Room as a Meeting Room – minimum eight people, maximum 16 people, £10 per head. Includes soup, sandwiches, tea and coffee.
- Lunch Deals – set three-course lunch menu. Maximum 100 people, £22 per head. Includes one drink per person, tea and coffee.
- 10% off for all delegates.
- 29-31 Queen's Square
- BT1 3FG